The Little Mani which had Potential but Never Came to Be

9:00:00 AM

Le sigh, I had such high hopes for this manicure, but it never came to be anything.  The other day I had to go out to the store and did not have time for a big fancy smansy nail art extravaganza.  I didn't want to go naked, so I decided to paint on a base coat and when I came home I had a plan to do a glittery masterpiece.  Of course, when taping up a package to mail out, I ripped the paint off.  Then when at the store I smashed another nail good and chipped it.  Then one nail decided to peel at the tip....just...ugh it was a mess.

Despite it not coming to be anything, I still took pictures since it featured the gorgeous Angel Eyes by Orly and people have been asking my opinion on it, I thought I would share.  In a few weeks, I will revisit this mani and go for my glittery extravaganza.  I have revisited it slightly using the colors in different manicures, but that's to come ;).  Until then...let's take a look at sheer simpleness.




Colors Used:
  • Orly - Angel Eyes
  • Revlon - Dreamer
Angel Eyes, just sheer glitter perfection in a bottle.  Well not sheer, the polish itself is rather opaque because there are so many tiny flecked glitters in it.  With three thin coats I had complete coverage, but if you used 2 thicker coats, you totally could have gotten away with it.  With just one coat it distributed amazingly.  There weren't any areas which were more glittered than others.  Next time I use it, I may wear a blue polish undie so I don't have to use as much of this gorgeous polish.  I really loved it.  It was so sparkly in the sunlight, especially with those larger holo pieces.  I'm really sad that it didn't hold up due to my own roughness.

Dreamer is always a win in my book.  This polish is a dusty baby blue cream which I bought last year after my bright baby blue went dry.  While it is differently colored, it's still gorgeous, and I recommend it to anyone. It works really well for nail art, be it polka dots, stripes, swirls, or gnomes :P.

Do you have either polish?  Thoughts?  Feelings?

I hope you enjoy my next few manicures featuring one or more of these polishes :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Oh how I love reading all of your comments! I truly appreciate each and every single one!